Thursday, April 15, 2010

Leavin' Town

-or-
Visions of Sal and Dean, part II


The days get shorter and the nights get cold.
I like the autumn but this place is getting old.
 

I pack up my belongings and I head for the coast.
It might not be a lot but I feel like I'm making the most.
 

The days get longer and the nights smell green.
I guess it's not surprising but it's spring and I should leave.

I like songs about drifters - books about the same.
They both seem to make me feel a little less insane.


"The World at Large"
Modest Mouse

Here we go again, time for another round of roadtripping in the Big Wide West. I've cut most of my ties with civilization, packed up the car, and I'm headed out to experience the country and -you guessed it- climb some rocks!

Here's the agenda:

First stop, Moab. Meet up with Josh, a friend from Boulder who has been "on the road" for about a month already. We've got a few projects in mind, all over Southern Utah and Northern Arizona. I'd definitely like to hit up Zion, it'd be good to get back in shape for climbing looong stuff.

Towards the end of the month, I hope to meet up with Blake, a recent transplant to the Front Range from the Northwest. He's gonna be in Vegas, exploring some less traveled routes in the Red Rock Canyons, and I'd love to help him out.

Of course, the gravity of the whole climbing universe is pulling me in one direction: THE VALLEY. I'd like to get to Yosemite in early May, in time to get some quality granite in before heading to the Bay area on May 12th. I've going to fly in and out of the Bay, going home for a quick, but important, visit. It's my brother Steve's wedding! Good luck to him and my sister-to-be, Abbey. The wedding is in Ohio, which hopefully provides some beautiful spring weather for the big day.

After the happy couple are wed, I jet back to Cali, with high hope for a RAD season in the Valley.

Anyways, you can tell I'm excited, so check here for updates!

1 comment: